PriceWaiter is looking to expand our small development team in order to bring features to market more quickly and iterate on customer feedback. PriceWaiter brings a unique approach to online shopping, creating marketplaces with a better experience for both buyers and retailers. As part of a small team, your ideas will have an impact on product direction and your experiments and iterations will be quickly tested in the real world.
As our Lead Frontend Developer you will be responsible for implementing the look and feel of our apps and websites. You will work with both designers and backend developers to deliver fast, scalable applications into production. We expect you to participate in developing solutions to problems with the team and see your own tasks through to completion.
- Strong knowledge of core web technologies: HTML5, CSS3, Flexbox
- Knowledge of style preprocessors, frameworks and built tools: SASS, Webpack, postcss
- Solid understanding of Single Page App architecture and related web and network technologies
- Unit and Component Testing: jest, mocha, enzyme
- Ability to interact with backend APIs (graphql/REST) and communicate future data needs
- Evaluation of open-source packages for feature match, security, maintenance status
- A natural sense for crafting a great user interface and experience
- Familiarity with Photoshop, XD, and/or Sketch design software
- Understanding of git, branching, and pull requests
- Design or mocking interfaces in Photoshop, Sketch or similar
- Contribute to ideation of new features to meet the needs of customers
- Collaborate with designers to ensure consistent visual language across multiple apps & marketing website
- Converting native design files into responsive, mobile-first, and browser compatible web apps
- Clearly communicate any bottlenecks, suggestions, improvements, ideas.
- Manage your own workflow to meet the deadlines set within your team to ensure success
- Delivering clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
- Manage code in your projects with git and participate in reviewing team members projects and PRs
In addition to competitive compensation, we provide:
- health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- parental leave
- paid vacation days
- potential to earn company equity
Technologies used at PriceWaiter:
- React, Typescript, ES6
- Webpack, Rollup, SASS, postcss
- NodeJS, typescript, graphql, REST
- Mysql, AWS DynamoDB, Elasticsearch
- Job Queues, redis, AWS SQS
- Docker containers, AWS ECS containers
- Team communication via Slack
Company Size: 10 people
Location: Downtown Bellingham (Technical Team) and Chattanooga, TN (Sales/Marketing/Exec Teams)
PriceWaiter’s mission is to make buying and selling better by making negotiation fast, simple, private -- and ultimately ubiquitous. Negotiation is the oldest idea in commerce because it works, but it needs an upgrade. PriceWaiter is that upgrade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
How to apply
Email email@example.com the following three items to be considered for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Describe a website, app or software project which you find inspiring and tell us why